The Roads and works Department is currently headed by the Acting Chief Engineering Officer Mr. Davian Byfield. It has as its main responsibilities:
- Construction and maintenance of parochial roads.
- Maintenance of minor water supplies (public reservoirs, street tanks, springs and trucking of water to dry areas)
- Maintenance of municipal buildings including markets.
- Maintenance of public open spaces
- Maintenance of public cemeteries and oversight of abattoirs
- Traffic Management
- Inspection of all developments (Building, Subdivision, Enforcement and Approvals)
The department is located at 1 Brooks Avenue, May Pen P.O.